Monday, December 7, 2009

Suspected fake ISI marking on LPG Gas Pipe and No manufacturing/expiry date

There is a wide scale misuse of ISI marking. Be in food, drinking water or electrical/home appliances, there are substandard products on which manufacturers place Agmark/ISI mark without getting certification. Some place ISI mark and license number which as per BIS website queries are invalid. Recently got an LPG gas pipe from a well known shop in Bangalore which has an ISI mark on the packaging and cover text says that the product expires and should be replaced after 3 years of manufacture as per date printed on the tube. Surprisingly there is no manufacturing date on the packaging or on the gas tube. The records as per BIS website show that the manufacturer is not one of the certified companies and so does not have ISI marking license under that standard number. License number search shows it is invalid. The company making the product also has placed incomplete address - only company name and city.

Such critical items like gas pipes having poor quality can cause accidents like the one which happened in Bangalore recently. The large retail chains as well as small shops are filled with substandard products from China as well as Indian manufacturers. Consumers need to be alert while shopping for critical every day use products some of which can risk lives and health.

- Neeraj

5 comments:

Derlierprossy said...

The strategies I personally attained in this specific blog is undoubtedly a new evidence that it is now easy to be trained and be notified of fresh information external to the university campus.

computer store

Derlierprossy said...

I perfectly adore measure your diary posts, the difference of work is breakage.This journal as wonted was educational, I eff had to marker your site and write to your ingest in i supply. Your line looks lovely.Thanks for distribution.



Computer Parts Store

Roberthussy said...

I think its a great topic. I like it very much. Its so interesting.So i want some information for sharing this side with some of my friend. Thanks.

SEO Services

Ishika Khanna said...

Seems to be a perfect place to learn something new.. Here I can pick many things for my blog as I have recently created and its in progress. My blog is totally different from your blog. But still I want the admin to suggest me that how can I attract visitors to increase traffic. Have a look here, http://free-songs.org on my blog and do suggest me if there is any requirement for any change. I would be really glad and any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!!

Rsops said...

Thanks for great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you.i found knowldge about Suspected fake ISI marking on LPG Gas Pipe and No manufacturing/expiry date.

Thanks a lot!
Supply Chain Consultants